International moment of laughter day
Every year on April 14th we spread laughter internationally. We shouldn’t have to be reminded of this, but we are all guilty of being sucked into our day-to-day stresses of work, personal lives, and tough times. Whilst these times are difficult to pass by, they are often temporary, and it does us good to remind ourselves that life is too short – step back to laugh a little more. TheStudios, want to set you the task from tomorrow to find something that puts a big smile on your face and LAUGH. After all, we take this free feeling for granted, so spread the FUN this Easter holidays!
laughing out loud is essential as breathing’Izzy Gesell, the originator of the international moment of laughter day. In 1997, professional speaker, humor consultant and author, Izzy Gesell dreamed up this day to lead the world into more fits of laughter (thank you, Izzy!)
So, what are the benefits of laughter and why should we be doing more of it?
Having a good giggle does more than draw people together. It also triggers positive emotional and physical changes in your body. What’s better is there is nothing is more infectious than hearing someone belly-laughing, so not only will you be lifting your own health, but you’ll be also boosting people up around you – result!
Check out a few of these awesome benefits…
- Strengthens your immune system
- Humour helps whittle away emotional pain & lighten your burdens
- Releases endorphins
- Laugh your way into those jeans – YES, laughter burns calories!
- Protects you from damaging effects of stress
- Inspires hope
- Connects you to others
- Keeps you grounded, focused, and alert
- Helps relieve anger and forgive sooner
- Relaxes your muscles
- Attracts us to others
- Prevents heart disease
- Helps defuse conflict
The simple ability to laugh frequently is a huge resource in aiding our problems. In our earlier years of life, our carefree attitude had us laughing hundreds of times a day, but now we carry responsibilities and burdens, it’s tougher to channel our childhood worry-free characteristics. At TheStudios, we want to help you create more opportunities to laugh out loud and spread your joy. Make it your goal to laugh more.
Some simple ideas to get the chortling going:
- Share a funny story with a friend or work colleague
- Ask a child to tell you a joke or a fun fact (it’s bound to make you giggle)
- Purchase a ‘laugh box’ – pop it in your office and get giggling with your co-workers!
- See a comedy show or watch a comedy on Netflix
- Take a look at the funny cards in a greeting card shop – the old ones are the best!
- Watch videos of laughing babies or people playing pranks
- Just LAUGH, go on! Randomly… you’ll feel great (and laughing yoga is actually a thing)
- Play with your pet
- Make time for fun activities (karaoke, crazy golf, dance class, bowling)
- Host that dinner night with your pals – have a good giggle in the process
The above should be enough to keep you going. We all have different hobbies and interests that make us feel good, just make sure you are putting time aside to do them.
TheStudios TOP TIP:
Don’t take yourself too seriously
we all make mistakes and feel silly from time to time, we’re human! Being defensive or embarrassed is the most common reaction to our mistakes. However, with practice, learning to laugh and brace your imperfections is the fastest most relaxing way to move on. People will magnet towards you if you don’t take yourself too seriously.
The goal for you tomorrow:
Now it’s down to you to not only spread the laughter, but spread the word… upload some snaps/videos of you cackling with the hashtag #internationallaughterday #TheStudios
‘Laughter is the Best Medicine’
On that note….. HA HA HA HA HA (addictive isn’t it)!
Fancy reading more of our blogs?
Want to be a part of our FUN, LAUGH-A-MINUTE inclusive studio apartments? we base our living around creating a communal, friendly environment where you’re bound to laugh with your fellow neighbours.